Some games get an update after a year or two, and that’s usually already a stretch. That makes it all the more surprising that Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords gets an update today 10 years after its launch on PC. And it’s no small update either with high definition resolutions added to the list of video settings as well as Steam Workshop and console controller support. The full list of features is as follows:
- 37 achievements to be earned through gameplay
- Steam Cloud saves
- Native widescreen resolution support
- Resolution support up to 4K and 5K
- Support for controllers, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation
3, and Playstation 4, along with several others (check the system requirements for details)
- Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod Team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day
Unlike many other games, KoTOR II has had surprising staying power thanks to its dedicated community of players, some of whom painstakingly pieced back together lost parts of the game that lay dormant after the game was rushed to completion. The culmination of this is The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod which is now supported by today’s update which gives Workshop support. And as an added bonus, the game is also 25% off on Steam, making it $7.49 USD.
What do you think about this new update to KoTOR II? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.